Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT/XAT/IIFT/CMAT/MAT (Box Set)
Book 1: Logical Reasoning is considered to be one of the most challenging sections for any competitive exam. The trick is to locate the answer within the clues hidden in the problems. The book "Koncepts of LR - Logical Reasoning for CAT, XAT, CMAT, Bank PO and other aptitude tests" is the benchmark in the learning process for Logical Reasoning. The book is the result of an extensive analysis of the past year exams papers. It incorporates CAT questions from the past 18 years and 6 years of IIFT, SNAP, XAT questions. The entire book has been divided into 4 groups, which are further subdivided into 5 parts based on the difficulty levels. So in all, each group has 5 difficulty levels viz. Concept Applicator, Concept Builder, Concept Cracker, Concept Deviator and Data Sufficiency, each of which are totally exhaustive in nature containing numerous examples and problems.
The Author has taken the onus of formulating questions on his own with his expertise in the domain. The result being, more than 1500 questions incorporated in the book each with detailed solution, a feature not available anywhere otherwise. The questions are judiciously divided into 5 levels of difficulty - Concept Applicator (CA), Concept Builder (CB), Concept Cracker (CC), Concept Deviator (CD) and Concept Eliminator (CE). This book serves the purpose for all the aptitude test takers looking to crack exams like CAT, XAT, SNAP, IIFT, Bank-PO, IBPS, SSC, Railways etc.
The Author, Mr. Gajendra Kumar, is a pioneer in training students for the various competitive examinations like MBA, Bank-PO, Govt. etc for the past 8 years and having written 3 successful books on the same domain, one being the hugely popular ‘Koncepts of Numbers’.
- Over 1500 questions on LR
- 18 years CAT Questions
- 6 Years questions from IIFT, XAT, SNAP etc.
- The entire Book divided into 5 difficulty levels
- Extra competent questions formulated by the author
- Entire book divided into 20 exhaustive chapters with numerous examples and problems
Book 2: The book covers all the aspects of Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency.
The book is divided into 5 chapters. Each chapter describes the concepts related to the chapter along with numerous Solved Examples
Book 2 Features:
- Concept Applicator
- Concept Builder
- Concept Cracker
- Concept Deviator
- Concept Eliminator
The past questions of major exams like CAT/XAT/IIFT/SNAP are covered in the book.
Book 3: The book "How to Get into Your Dream B School - Strategies (Aptitude Test/WAT/GD/PI) to crack CAT/XAT/IIFT/SNAP/NMAT" is not a Q and A book like a myriad of others available in the market. This, on the other hand, is the first of its kind, guidance book for MBA aspirants which answers the elusive ‘How do I get into my dream B School’ question.
The author, while preparing to get into his dream B School, tried hard to find a guide, which would tell him how to go about the preparation, how to best utilize the time at hand, the do’s and the don’t’s and what would work and what won’t. But there wasn’t any such guide available. This book is his endeavor to provide that guide which he himself didn’t get.
This book contains 19 simple yet powerful Practice Rules and a plethora of Pearls of Wisdom, which not only inform the aspirants about how to go about ensuring they get that sought-after seat in a premier B School but also make them aware of the various pitfalls and the easy to miss snags which they ought to be careful about.
Through examples which include actual CAT questions, the book breaks the answering process into easily understandable and logical steps and instills the same logical and structured thinking in the readers.
This book doesn’t stop at cracking the aptitude tests (CAT/XAT/IIFT/SNAP/NMAT and the likes) but goes on to provide guidance to its readers on how to convert the coveted calls by cracking the GDs/WATs and the Personal Interviews. While this book is focused towards MBA preparation, anyone who is preparing for any aptitude tests or personal interviews will be benefited immensely by the structured and logical approach and the various strategies mentioned here.
Table of Contents:
Book 1: Logical Reasoning
- Chapter 1 - Linear Arrangement
- Chapter 2 - Matrix arrangement
- Chapter 3 - Circular Arrangement
- Chapter 4 - Set Theory
- Chapter 5 - Team Group formation
- Chapter 6 - Syllogism
- Chapter 7 - Logical Connectivity
- Chapter 8 - Input- output
- Chapter 9 - Games and Tournaments
- Chapter 10 - Cubes
- Chapter 11 - Calendar
- Chapter 12 - Path and Route
- Chapter 13 - Clocks
- Chapter 14 - Family Tree
- Chapter 15 - Coding Series
- Chapter 16 - Statement Conclusion
- Chapter 17 - Direction
- Chapter 18 - Data Sufficiency
- Chapter 19 - Puzzles
- Chapter 20 - Miscellaneous
Book 2: Data Interpretation
- Chapter 1 - Line Graph
- Chapter 2 - Data Table
- Chapter 3 - Bar Graph
- Chapter 4 - Pie Chapterart
- Chapter 5 - Mix Chapterart
- Chapter 6 - Data Sufficiency
Book 3: How to Get into your dream B-School
- The Preliminaries
- Fix Your Goals
- The Task At Hand
- A Little Bit About Me
- Why Have I Written This Book?
- What to Expect in the Book?
- What I Assume You Already Know
- Random ‘Gyan’
- How to use this book?
- The Written Test
- The Cut-offs
- Section I: Verbal Ability (VA)
- Section II: Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Section III: Logical Reasoning
- Section IV: Data Interpretation
- Three Essential Guidelines
- Team: Together Everyone Achieves More
- Failing to Plan = Planning to Fail
- No Mocking the Mock Tests
- Stand out to be Outstanding
- The B-School Application
- Face-to-Face Tests
- Group Discussion (GD)
- WAT: Written Ability Test
- The Interview
- Commonly Asked Questions
- Honesty: the best policy. Or is it?
- Miscellaneous Tips on Interviews
- Body Language
- The Day before the Test