Python Programming: Using Problem Solving Approach
Python Programming is designed as a textbook to fulfil the requirements of the first-level course in Python programming. It is suited for undergraduate degree students of computer science engineering, information technology as well as computer applications. This book will enable students to apply the Python programming concepts in solving real-world problems.
The book begins with an introduction to computers, problem solving approaches, programming languages, object oriented programming and Python programming. Separate chapters dealing with the important constructs of Python language such as control statements, functions, strings, files, data structures, classes and objects, inheritance, operator overloading and exceptions are provided in the book.
• Simple and lucid treatment of concepts supported with illustrations for easy understanding.
• Numerous programming examples along with their outputs to help students master the art of writing efficient Python programs.
• Notes and programming tips to highlight the important concepts and help readers avoid common programming errors.
• Strong chapter-end pedagogy including plenty of objective-type questions, review questions, programming and debugging exercises to facilitate revision and practice of concepts learnt.
• 7 Annexures and 5 appendices covering types of operating systems, differences between Python 2.x and 3.x, installing Python, debugging and testing, iterators, generators, getters, setters, Turtle graphics, plotting graphs, multi-threading, GUI and Web Programming provided to supplement the text.
• Case studies on creating calculator, calendar, hash files, compressing strings and files, tower of Hanoi, image processing, shuffling a deck of cards and mail merge demonstrate the application of various concepts.
• Point-wise summary and glossary of key terms to aid quick recapitulation of concepts.
• Chapter-wise PPTs
• Solutions Manual
• Lab exercises
• Test generator
• Model question papers
• Solutions to find the output and error questions
• Extra reading material
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Computers and Problem Solving Strategies
2. Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
3. Basics of Python Programming
4. Decision Control Statements
6. Python Strings Revisited
7. File Handling
8. Data Structures
9. Classes and Objects
10. Inheritance and Polymorphism
11. Operator Overloading
12. Error and Exception Handling.