DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Germany
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this spellbinding country.
Admire art and architecture in Berlin, walk the medieval streets of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, visit the fairy-tale Schloss Neuschwanstein, sample delicious Riesling wines in the Moseltal or stop off for a beer at the Hofbräuhaus - Munich's most famous beer hall: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Germany with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Germany:
- Over 60 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Germany, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of icons such as the elegant Schloss Charlottenburg in Berlin, engrossing Deutsches Museum in Munich, majestic Heidelberg Castle and more
- Colour photographs of Germany's historic cities including artsy Berlin and cosmopolitan Munich, historic sights, postcard-perfect towns, fairy-tale castles, breathtaking scenery and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's history and culture, flora and fauna, literature, music and art, scientists and inventors, world-famous beers, medieval castles, traditional festivals, classic cuisine and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Berlin; Brandenburg; Saxony-Anhalt; Saxony; Thuringia; Munich; Bavaria; Baden-Württemberg; Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland; Hesse; North Rhine-Westphalia; Lower Saxony, Hamburg and Bremen; Schleswig-Holstein; Mecklenburg-Lower Pomerania and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Germany is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this captivating country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Berlin or DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Munich and the Bavarian Alps.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.