Justin Shafa's Learning Interventional Radiology
Now designated as a primary medical specialty, the field of interventional radiology has contributed many ground-breaking procedures, including angioplasty, catheter-delivered stents, aneurysm coiling, and minimally-invasive cancer treatment. This first-of-its-kind review text offers an authoritative, easy-to-use introduction to the field, highlighting procedures, instruments, techniques, modalities, and more. Using an image-filled, practical format it covers exactly what you need to know for a solid foundation in this fast-growing field.
- Employs a case-based approach with a consistent chapter format to provide a clear, practical review of each topic.
- Each case-based chapter includes an Overview of the procedure and disease process, Indications and Contraindications of the procedure, standard Equipment used, a review of relevant Anatomy, detailed Procedural Steps, as well as Treatment Alternatives and common Complications.
- Reviews the skillful use of X-rays, CT, ultrasound, MRI, and other imaging methods to direct interventional procedures.
- Uses brief, bulleted text and more than 350 images to help you quickly grasp the fundamental information you need to know.
- Includes Take Home Points, Clinical Applications, Key Facts, Key Definitions, and Literature Reviews.
- Features case-based chapters on vascular and non-vascular procedures, as well as Grand Rounds Topics such as anatomy, surgery, interventional oncology, pediatrics, and more.
- Helps ensure mastery of the material with additional online content, bonus images, videos, and Q&A that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams.
- Offers quick review and instruction for medical students, residents, fellows, and related medical professionals working in the IR area, such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access the full text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.